Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Want to help me out AND get a short story published both at the same time?

26 Nov 2014
As is quite clear to see Bookish Treasures hasn't been the most active of blogs lately. One of the reasons for this is that at the end of September I started a masters degree in publishing and I have been spending a lot of time trying to make all my assignments and projects utterly amazing.

We have a major project on the course instead of a dissertation and this is essentially conceptualising and producing a book. I am doing this with one other girl and we are at the stage now where we have just done a call out for writers and illustrators to submit proposals to be considered as a contributor for the book which is an anthology of dark, gothic fairytales suitable for a crossover YA/Adult audience.

I thought I would share the callout here in case anyone is interested in getting involved! There will be no payment (sorry!) as UCLan publishing is a not for profit company but if chosen you will get the experience of going through the editorial process with me and my partner with the assistance of top publishing professionals and at the end you will get a copy of the book. If their is money in the budget for a print run it will also be properly published through the small publishing house attached to my University that does many of the major projects.

Illustrators & Writers Wanted!
 
For a new gothic fairytale book for adults
We are producing a Gothic fairy tale book for adults with a completion date of August 2015.
 
We can’t offer you payment but we can offer you a printed copy of the finished book and the chance to work with publishers.
To apply please send a sample of your work and a 300 word summary about why you are interested in the project to uclanfairytales@gmail.com by 19th December
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.