Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking The Shelves / Showcase Sunday #42

15 Dec 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.

This week I got less books than usual which I love as smaller hauls are a lot more manageable and my tbr pile is huge anyway. As usual if you click on the book cover you will be taken to the books Amazon page (or goodreads if it isn't yet on amazon).
 
Review
 
Paperback

Anatomy of a Boyfriend and Anatomy of a Single Girl are part of a YA / NA contemporary series that looks pretty great. This is actually the second time I have received an unsolicited copy of The Queen of Dreams, I don't usually read children's books but it does look good so I wont rule out reading it.
 
The Queen of Dreams
NetGalley

I got three books from NetGalley this week, The Snow Queen is a short NA that sounds interesting, Bitter Spirits is an Urban Fantasy novel and Song of the Fireflies is the next release by J.A. Redmerski.
 
Song Of The Fireflies
 
 
Bought
 
Despite only having about £5 to my name I bought 2 ebooks this week :P They were both so good that I don't regret spending the money though.
 


Won

This week I received one book that I had won recently. It is a New Adult novel that looks pretty good and it also came with loads of great swag.
 
 
So what do you think? Have you read or plan to read any of these books? Feel free to link to your own Stacking the Shelves or similar posts in the comments.

18 comments:

  1. Nice little haul :) I sometimes wish I had a week off just to catch up, but I can't walk past a bookshop without going in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've got a great haul this week :) The Anatomy books have definitely caught my attention too.

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  3. The covers of The Anatomy books are definitely different! They sound good. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul. Small weeks do help keep the TBR mountain from erupting. Come see what I added to my stacks at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul! I have Anathomy ... books as well, I heard great things. I hope we both like them too :)
    Happy reading!

    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul!!! Hope you enjoy them all!!!! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anatomy of a Boyfriend/Single Girl both sound really good! I've heard a lot of great things about them :)
    Ooh, The Song of Fireflies sounds like it'll be good too!
    Great haul! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Anatomy of a Boyfriend and Anatomy of a Single Girl around but they've never really appealed to me, I think it's the covers, haha. Hope you enjoy them! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost all of these books are new to me. You have some great titles this week. I hope you love them all.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great haul!!! I didn't know J. A. Redmerski was coming out with a new book. I enjoyed the Edge of Never so I might check out Song of Fireflies when it comes out.
    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh I received The Queen of Dreams awhile ago - it is really good! I don't tend to read children's literature but it was really nice. I got a finished copy and it's so stunning!
    Nice haul :)

    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul, you've got lots of great looking books. I hope you enjoy them all :) New follower! My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Anatomy books have really been going around lately. I have heard that the second one is a little better. Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually haven't read any of these, but some of them are on my TBR!
    Thanks for stopping by my StS!
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Song of the fireflies really interests me, especially the author!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great haul! The Anatomy books sound really good :) I hope you enjoy all your books, and thank you for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of Anatomy Of... but they look like fun and interesting books to read.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are awesome!! Hope you enjoy all of these :)

    Check out my STS this week!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.